Tuesday 8 December 2015

XCIV. Anthroparions


Trio of Anthroparions can be called finished. I showed the first attempt a few posts ago. However, I decided to chop off his masked head and replace it with a human mug. That made him more akin to the little Morbid Homunculus. The other two follow the same pattern.
The bodies are from Skaven, arms from The Hobbit Goblins and heads from an Empire State Trooper and two Chaos Cultists. A bit of greenstuffing was needed to to blend the bits together or to repair the parts where I removed a tail or an arm.  I also converted the cultist heads a little because I didn't wish them to remain identical.






*   *   *

And this is the newest conversion: a soldier in service of count Waywode. I wanted to give the Countess some human minions, this being the first. More about it when it gets painted.



14 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful. The sculpts of the arms and hands make them extra twisted and creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite nice work on those guys. I like the use of skaven bodies for more misshapen members of "humanity", and have used a few for my INQ28 figures, such as this guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. :) I have another conversion sketched out, based on one of the more armoured skaven clanrats.

      Delete
  3. This guys are very lovely. Like them very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice additions, Ana. Some well planned and executed conversions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting mash-up indeed. Menacing in some unpleasant way... You go, girl! :)
    Ana, I hope you don't mind if I steal this idea, I think there are few useless skaven bodies in my spares box :) They gonna get new un-life as a tribe of filthy hunchbacks ;)
    Greetings from Warsaw,
    YVX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Feel free to "steal". I don't mind in the least. :)

      Delete
  6. While I do like your Anthroparions I really wanted to say how much I like your soldier. All of the pieces you have used really come together to give him a certain charm while still being low-key enough that he could fit into the rank and file.

    I don't suppose you could tell us where his body comes from? I think I can place the rest of the pieces but his legs are really throwing me off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mathew! The body is from the GW Empire Huntsmen kit. But I chopped off the original legs and grafted on a pair of cut down High Elf Archer legs. In addition to giving him a different look this also made him a tad better proportioned.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply Ana. I thought those legs were from the HE Archer kit but the rest clearly wasn't. No idea why I didn't just assume it was a kit splice.

      Anyway keep up the good work. I can't wait to see his comrades.

      Delete
  7. Hmm, I think I prefered him before, he still looks good though.

    Have to say it's nice to see a fairly normal mini in the works though....

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.